Recently, I've joined a few pony beading groups on Facebook. It has been fun to actually see people excited about this craft that I've been doing for nearly 30 years.
One day, a member of one of the groups posted that she could not figure out how to do the wings on a certain pattern. It was "Little Angel" originally from Danette's now-defunct site.
I don't really do videos, but I decided to try to be helpful by making the angel and taking photos of each step on the wings. Then I also took pictures of each step on the arms and the feet as well.
I posted the wing photos on this person's post and she thanked me. The next morning she said she still hadn't been able to make it even with the pictures, and someone pointing her to a video of similar wings.
At least I tried. Anyway, here are the step-by-step photos of how to make the wings, arms, and feet for this angel. If you can get the hang of these appendages, you will be able to do most types of appendages there are in beadie critters.
The Wings
If you are less experienced with multi-row appendages done with one string only, one option might be to skip the wings when doing the body, and then make 1 wing with a new string, put this new string through two rows of the body, then complete the other wing with the strings you just passed through the body.
But if you're interesting in being able to do a beadie critter like this without having to attach a separate string, here are the steps:
The Arms
If you're struggling with arms on people, cartoon characters, or animals, hopefully this photo will help.
The Feet
These feet are similar to many bottom appendages. While some bottom appendages may be longer because they are entire legs, it is still a similar concept.

No comments:
Post a Comment