Monday, July 29, 2024

Olympic Fever!

 Why is it that people who normally don't watch much sports, or only watch certain sports, will suddenly start watching all kinds of sports for a few weeks in the summer of every 4th year?

Olympics!

We've had it on constantly since it started. Since we have Peacock, we can even watch at times that our local NBC channel is taking a break. We can watch coverage of sports they didn't put on broadcast TV, I guess because the sport is not as exciting, or the US isn't a medal contender.

During the opening ceremony, I beaded an Eiffel Tower using a Danette Mullins pattern from her now-defunct site. I found the pattern on Pinterest, and changed the colored beads to all gold glitter to emulate how it looked with all the amazing lights during the ceremony.



I also designed an Olympic Flag. Look for this pattern to come soon, but you can probably make it just from this picture.


I had a few patterns on my site already that were suitable:


What else could I make after that? Well, since one of my goals is to have a photo of a completed beadie for each and every pattern on my website, I started on country flags.


Olympic, US, Great Britain, Ukraine, and France.


Top 5 Medal winners as of Sunday, July 28: Japan, Australia, US, France, and South Korea.

I made one of Khazakstan becuase I learned that they earned the very first medal of the 2024 Olympics, a bronze in Mixed Team Shooting.


I plan to continue to make a few flags each day as the Olympics continues. And I'm mulling some ideas over in my head to make some Olympic competitors in their various official uniforms.

Are you making anything while you watch the Olympics?

No comments:

Post a Comment